Last updated on 28/03/2020
As the COVID-19 situation rapidly evolves, the Board and our Co-op Manager Maree are working hard to ensure that our members and volunteers remain safe. At the same time we want to make sure that, for as long as possible, you can continue to get your order from us and we can continue to support our farmers during this time.
To do this we need to make some temporary changes to the way we operate. We know and understand that this isn’t going to be ideal for everyone, but these are not normal times. This way we hope to ensure a future for FIG, long after life returns to normal.
The new, temporary operations will look like this:
1. The co-op will be a closed operation – this means we will NOT be open 2-5pm Mondays until further notice. No one will come inside the building and all orders are to be picked up from outside or from other hub locations around the Central Coast as advised in our newsletter to members dated 26th March 2020 (note: more hubs have been added since then).
2. Box orders will be taken online via member accounts, via the website or by email, with a cutoff of Tuesday evening for the following week.
3. Organic pantry orders will be taken online as usual with a cut off of Friday for delivery the following Monday.
4. The Fresh Food Market has been closed until further notice.
5. Online payments only (for the time being)
6. Trial box orders will still be welcome however we request you email directly so we can explain the current situation and restrictions first.
If you are a co-op member on Facebook make sure you join our members only Facebook group, details of which have been published in our recent newsletters.
Finally, can I extend a thank you from myself and on behalf of all of the members to Maree and the Board at this time. We are in unprecedented times and like the rest of our wonderful FIG community they are coming to terms with the restrictions on our daily life and the uncertainty of the situation. In all of this they are committed to keeping our volunteers, members and farmers safe, to ensuring you have access to organic produce as long as possible and to keeping FIG operating into the future. Please support them.
Chair, FIG Board